Caring for your granite countertop is simple.
Granite is one of the most popular natural stones used for remodeling homes. Granite is durable, has stunning natural beauty, and can come in a wide variety of colors. it has a very strong appeal to people looking to add a new spark to their homes. Natural stones like granite need care in order for them to maintain their shine and their beauty. Fortunately, because granite is so durable, this stone doesn’t require too much maintenance.
Here is a list of tips that will help keep your granite looking brand new.
1) If your granite stone is naturally very absorbent, you should get it sealed. Each granite countertop is unique, and not every stone is absorbent. A stone that isn’t absorbent at all will not stain easily, so test your stone out before you purchase a sealer.
2) If you use a sealer, make sure it is oleophobic (resistant to water and oil).
3) If something spills on your granite countertop, clean the area immediately with a washcloth. Microfiber washcloths are preferred to avoid streaking.
4) To disinfect your granite countertop, simply wipe the area with mild or gentle dishwashing soap to get the job done.
5) Don’t leave hot cooking pots directly on the surface of your granite countertop. Prolonged exposure to heat can harm natural stones.
6) Use a cutting board while cooking. Granite does not scratch easily, however consistent cutting on the surface of the countertop can damage the stone.
7) Set mats under items like ceramics and china. These items can potentially scratch your stone’s surface.
8) It is best to use coasters under glasses.
9) Steer clear of cleaners that contain bleach, acid, and ammonia. Lemon juice, white vinegar, and other harsh chemicals will dull your stone.
Caring for natural stones is simple. Following these tips will keep your granite looking brand new.
Take a look at our gallery and check out our wide selection of granite.